What is FRP Lock & Why it is popular in Android Smartphone
Let me tell you some importance of FRP (Factory Lock Protection) Lock, and what is FRP Lock in an Android smartphone and Why it has been so popular Nowadays .
When your device has been factory reset, the device will not be able to setup without your Google Account which was entered in your phone previously (for hard reset) or screen lock information (for reset in Settings menu). This security feature introduced in Android 5.1 and above version, that requires you to enter the account details of the last Google account used in the device after the factory hard reset. This Google account verification feature prevents unauthorized users from accessing or using your device if it has been reset to factory settings without your permission
This option is very helpfull to prevent people use your device if they steal it, Because without the details of previous Google account no one can open or see your personal data in your device.
Note:- Never change the Google account password prior to do factory reset in your phone if you did this so your smartphone will be locked out for 72 hours .
Some FAQ About what is FRP Lock & FRP Features :-
- 1). Why should use google Account For FRP ?
- If your device supports the FRP feature and you has been added Google account into your device and if your device has then been Factory reset by the someone, then once the device has rebooted, the your Google account details will be required to complete the setup wizard which was entered by you earlier . As shown below ,
- 2). How to Know My Device Supported Samsung FRP Lock ?
- The availability of the FRP feature is depend on your device model and android version. To confirm this , Just follow these steps :-
- Go to Apps -> Settings -> Lock screen and security .